Directions / Contact
All Rhode Island courts.
Member of R.I. Bar since 1984.
Also member Mass. Bar.
DIRECT: (401) 585-9110
OFFICE: (401) 826-2070
FAX: (401) 826-2071
U.S.MAIL: Centerville Commons, Bldg. 2
875 Centerville Rd.
Warwick, RI 02886
December 7, 2018
The Attorney General's office has recommended the following tips to avoid Identity Theft and to take action if you are a victim:
• Avoid unprotected Wi-Fi.
• Shop at familiar online retailers and look for “https” at the start of the URL, indicating the site is secure.
• Avoid phishing emails that pose as financial institutions or the IRS, and don’t click on any links or enter personal information.
• Use updated security software on all computers and cellphones.
• Use strong passwords.
• Encrypt and password-protect sensitive data.
If you’re a victim:
• File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission at identitytheft.gov.
• Contact any of the three credit bureaus and place a fraud alert on your credit records: www.equifax.com; www.experian.com; www.transunion.com.
• If you’re a victim of tax-related identity theft, contact the IRS.